1. In a sauce pan, measure 3 cups of water to 1 cup of split peas. Cook on medium-low heat for about 40 minutes (or until mushy)
2. While the peas are cooking, put all of the diced vegetables, and herbs in a large sauce pan with the vegetable stalk. Steam the veggies until tender.
3. Once the vegetables and the split peas are cooked put both in a blender and add the Olive oil.
4. Blend the ingredients until smooth ( or when it's to the consistency that you like).
5. VOILA! You've got SOUP.
*SIDE NOTE: if the soup is too thick for your liking, add more vegetable broth as you blend until it's the consistency that you desire :)
Split pea soup
Super hearty, healthy, and an amazing thing to have in the fridge during a busy week. It is SO filling and flavorful. Make it and enjoy with a piece of toasted bread, with winter temperatures approaching who doesn't want to cuddle up with a big bowl of GREEN soup???????
- Bobs redmill split peas (prepare 1 cup)
- 4 large carrots (chopped)
- 1 zuchinni chopped
- 1 jalepeno pepper seeded
- 3 stalks of celery
- two cloves of minced garlic
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 2/3 cup of chopped white onion
- bay leaves
- 1 TBSP of Olive Oil
- garlic powder