Spaghetti with Roasted Tomatoes and Salmon
Vanessa and maddie whipped this meal up late in august and it was absolutely delicious. Fresh heirloom cherry tomatoes from the farmers market, just stop us there. how could this not turn out heavenly?? a super easy recipe that will leave you super satisfied
*DINNER FOR 2*
- 2 cups of heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1 TSP of olive oil
- 1 TBSP of corn starch
- 1/2 cup of veggie broth
- A little more than half a package of whole wheat spaghetti
- 8 oz. of salmon
- fresh basil
- Kitehill foods ricotta (this is nut based cheese and its freakin' good)
- S&P to taste
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 TSP oregano
DAt SALMON RUB:
- 1 TSP of brown suger
- 1 TSP of ground cumin
- 1/2 TSP of sea salt
- 1/2 TSP of chili powder
- 1/2 TSP garlic powder
- 1/4 TSP paprika
-1/4 TSP of cinnamon
- 2 TSP of olive oil
- 4 slices of lemon
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl !
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line pyrex with foil, use a non stick spray.
3. combine olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic.
4. Place tomatoes in pyrex and pour mixture over the tomatoes. Toss em up to guarantee you don't miss one! Roast those puppies up until they begin to blister (about 20 minutes). Meanwhile, let's prepare the salmon.
5. Throw the Salmon under some water for a quick sec and dry it with paper towel. Make sure it's dry this will make it EXTRA crispy.
6. Place the fish in a pyrex, apply seasoning and put four slices of lemon over top the fish. Swap out the tomatoes for the fish. The oven can stay at 350, the salmon should take ten minutes, then broil it for 2.
7. Put the spaghetti in the boiling water.
8. Pour the tomatoes, and veggie broth in a sauce pan. Let that simmer on medium heat for about 3 minutes, then add the corn starch.
9. Let the sauce is thicken and when it's to your liking you can add the spaghetti. Don't forget to check up on the salmon!
10. Once, the salmon is done, it's time to plate! Garnish pasta with the "ricotta" and fresh basil, then slice the salmon. VOILA! ENJOY!