Mushroom, Walnut, eggplant 'bolognese'
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 yellow onion- minced
- 1 TBSP of olive oil
- 2 cups of crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of chopped walknuts
- 1 cup of cubed eggplant
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 large cubed tomatoe
- 1 can of tomato paste
- italian spices
- red wine
1. Grab your sauce pan and combine olive oil, garlic and onion on medium to low heat.
2. keep an eye on, stirring frequently because burnt garlic SUCKS. Once the onions are translucent and fragrant add the mushrooms (dice em up beforehand
3. let the mushrooms simmer for about 10 minutes so they release their moisture. (WE WANT A THICK AF SAUCE OK??), add your favorite italian spices ( we did oregano, basil, and chili flakes)
4. Next, add the tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, whole cubed tomato, and eggplant. Mix around every few minutes.
5. Once all the ingredients are combined add a splash of red wine, as well as S&P. Let the sauce simmer for about 20-30 minutes on low heat. (this will thicken it up and create a more flavorful sauce)
6. Add the walnuts, stir thoroughly into the sauce and let sit for another 5 minutes.
6. Enjoy this dish with your favorite pasta, some chz and a glass of wine. BAM!