1. Cube the butternut squash, place in sauce pan with the garlic, onion, and vegetable broth. Steam on the medium to low heat for about 10 minutes, (or until butternut squash is tender).
2. While you're waitin' for the squash to cook put the nutritional yeast, nut milk, cream chz, mustard seed, & red pepper flakes in a blender (DON'T BLEND YET!)
3. Once the squash is cooked through combine with the ingredients in the blender.
4. turn that sucka on and blend until a smooth and creamy sauce is formed.
5. ENJOY OVA PASTA! We added some bread crumbs n greens. YUM !!
Creamy butternut squash sauce
this pasta sauce is so creamy, you won't even know it's healthy. the orange hue also gives the illusion that it's a lil mac n chzzyyyy, with the promise of being completely honest this does not replace the one n only mac n ~real~ chz. But it comes close.
- 1 1/2 cups of cubed butternut squash
- 1/2 cup of veggie stock
-1/3 cup of unsweetened nut milk
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 of a yellow onion
- 3 TBSP of nutritional yeast
- 1 TSP of powdered mustard seed
- 2 TBSP of Kitehill Foods vegan cream chz
- 1 TSP of red pepper flakes
- S&P to taste