BANANA Bread bread pudding
you know its unreal when a recipe has the word bread in it twice
The Ate02 Crew makes banana bread easily four times a week, sometimes more (we are a household that believes baking/cooking is the biggest stress reliever) The other day, I (hey it's me Ness) made some banana bread after a particularly stressful couple of days, spaced out, and forgot to add any oil or butter. (sinful...i know) I had a loaf of extra dry banana bread and a heart full of sorrow so naturally I turned to Maddick for advice, this is how the conversation went down.
"Maddick what do I do."
"Make bread pudding"
Bread pudding, the most magical, heartwarming of desserts and a way to use up all that stale/dry bread you've got laying around. The solution was so simple and most importantly....so dank.
Here's the recipe, use whatever bread your heart desires although I've got to say this particular bread pudding is fluffiest most heavenly pudding I've come across.
1 Loaf of banana bread (dry/stale)
2 Cups of almond milk
2 tbsp melted butter (I used ghee)
Coconut Oil spray
1 tbsp Cinnamon
1 tbsp Nutmeg
1/2 cup of coconut sugar
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Slice up your banana bread into cubes
3. In a medium sized bowl mix together the almond milk, butter, and eggs followed by the nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, and salt
4. Grease a baking pan (we used coconut oil spray)
5. Lay out diced bread on the pan and evenly cover with the mixture
6. Let the break soak for 5 minutes
7. Pop the pan in the oven and bake for 45 minutes
8. Rest your head upon the pillowy cloud you have just created
9. Eat your heart out